Helpful Drug Treatment Resources:
American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (AATOD)
– Created to better coordinate the efforts of methadone treatment providers throughout the United States. The association also promotes the growth and development of these treatment services.
American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
– Dedicated to improving access to care, as well as to increase its quality and effectiveness for patients and their families. Working to get addictive medicine and approved medical category . (valid no forum)
Federal Methadone Regulations
– A list of regulations that methadone clinics must follow. The place to go to see if your clinic is following state, federal or clinic guidelines.
Immunization Action Coalition
– A non-profit organization dedicated to increasing immunization rates and preventing disease. This is a premier source for up-to-date childhood, adolescent, and adult immunization information as well as hepatitis B educational materials.
Lindsmith Center Drug Policy Foundation
– One of the premier organizations for drug abuse treatment. Lots of links and information including a library, discussion forum, in the news, and special projects.
– Contains pictures and information on this medicine also known as Dolophine.
– National Alliance of Methadone Advocates is composed of methadone maintenance patients and supporters of quality treatment. With members and supporters worldwide, as well as state and regional chapters in the U.S.
– Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration